Happy New Year! The beginning of a new year often signifies a fresh start for most of us. Black-eyed peas have traditionally been a way to ring in the new year, signifying luck for the coming year. We have taken this traditional food and given it a bit of a simple twist, using it as a salsa and mixing it with a colorful combination of peppers, tomatoes, and corn. It is packed not only with luck, but yummy goodness as well!
- 3 cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (can also use diced, fresh)
- 1 can sweet yellow corn
- ½ c. diced purple onion
- ½ c. diced bell peppers, any color
- ¼ c. cilantro, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2/3 c light Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour for fullest flavor. Note: Can be served immediately, if short on time!
- Serve with your favorite chip or vegetables!